Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A Mountain of Magazines....

This is my current project...to get rid of this mountain of magazines. (This pile is just one-third of the entire collection pile.) In the past three years, I've subscribed to Prevention, Health, Real Simple, Family Fun, Parenting, Parents, Creating Keepsakes, Martha Stewart Living, Sunset, More, Nutrition Action and Weight Watchers. And I'm not including my husband's Sports Illustrated nor our shared Time magazine and my children's Lego, Kids Discover, Ranger Rick and Muse subscriptions. Oh, and let's not forget National Geographic. That's a lot of paper there! Since I don't get around to reading them all, I decided this past year to not continue a subscription unless I absolutely love the magazine. That has helped slow the pile up. But I'm still left with this growing heap of magazines. I wish I could just throw it all out at once. But, no, sadly I can't. I have that compulsion to flip through them all and tear out those recipes and crafts and information that I think I may need or want someday. So now I've been whittling down my mountain of magazines and have been adding to my pile of someday recipes and miscellaneous info. There's progress for you....now my next project will have to be that recipe pile!

No comments: