Thursday, February 3, 2011

Happy Chinese New Year


Happy Chinese New Year! It's the year of the rabbit! I was thinking about sweeping and vacuuming today but realized it was Chinese New Year and thus decided to skip and not risk sweeping out my good luck for the year. You see it's a tradition to have your home clean before new year's day and all the the cleaning equipment put away on new year's day. You're not to sweep or dust on new year's day otherwise you may be sweeping your good fortune out the door. Well, I wasn't organized enough to get the house cleaning done before new year's day, but at least I didn't sweep any of my fortune out the door today. However, I may have washed a little of my luck since I did wash my hair this morning. That's in reference to another superstition I grew up with...you're not supposed to wash your hair on Chinese New Year day because you may wash away your good luck.

Well...now that it's the new year (again), I can start (or rather re-start) some new new year's resolutions. Besides the usual lose weight, exercise more and eat healthier resolutions, I have the get organized, read more, craft more and blog more resolutions. Since it's the year of the rabbit, I hope I hop off to a speedy start. Wish me luck!

No comments: