Friday, April 27, 2007

Poppin' Pastels Flower Card


When I first got my pastels (chalk) I thought they were so great. But then I got tired of them because I thought they were too soft looking. This poppin' pastels technique really brought the color out.
First I made a template for the squares by using a square punch to punch out a grid on a piece of cardboard. Then I laid this template out on the whisper white paper and colored in the squares with the pastels. I stamped flowers in the squares using versamark. And then used a sponge dauber coated with the pastels and dabbed over the stamped image. Voila! That stamped image pops out at you!
Also, notice that the ribbon is duo-colored. You can do that by rubbing pastel on a white grograin ribbon.
I learned all this at one of my demonstrators group meetings.

No comments: